Présentation et contact
Shigeko Shinohara est Chargée de Recherche au CNRS.
Email: shigeko.shinohara at sorbonne-nouvelle.fr
Tel. : +33 (0) 143265717
Adresse postale: ILPGA, 19 rue des Bernardins, 75005 Paris
last update – 13.dec.2019
Profil et recherches
Research Interests: Phonological Theory, Phonetics-Phonology Interface, Segment-Prosody Interface, L2 sound acquisition
Recent Topics: Initial and voiced geminates of Ryukyuan and Japanese dialects, Tonal interpretation of coda feature saliency in White Hmong loanwords, Loanword adaptation and perception of laryngeal contrast in Korean, Influence of prosodic positions on segmental perception, Role of perception in phonology.
- Doctorat en Phonétique, Spécialité : Phonologie (Université Sorbonne-Nouvelle)
- Habilitée (Ecole Doctorale 622)
- Master of Arts in Phonetics (UCL, University of London)
- Certificate of Experimental Phonetics (UCL)
- Certificate of English Phonetics for Foreign Students (UCL)
- Certificate of French Phonetics (UCL)
- Certificate of Proficiency in the Phonetics of English (IPA)
Sélection de publications :
- Hussain, Q. and S. Shinohara (2019) Partial devoicing of voiced geminate stops in Tokyo Japanese, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 145 (1), 149, 2019 149–163. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5078605
- Shinohara, S. and M. Fujimoto (2018) Acoustic characteristics of the obstruent and nasal geminates in the Ikema dialect of Miyako Ryukyuan, In (Ed.) E. Babatsouli, Crosslinguistic research in monolingual and bilingual speech. Chania, Greece: ISMBS, 253-270. ISBN 978-618-82351-2-0.
- Fujimoto, M. and S. Shinohara (2018) Articulatory characteristics of geminate plosives of Kumamoto dialect: A case study using MRI, The Phonetic Society of Japan special issue on ‘The phonetics and phonology of a voicing contrast’, vol. 22, 95-108. https://doi.org/10.24467/onseikenkyu.22.2_122
- Shinohara, S., Q. Hussain, T. Ooigawa (2015) Does allophonic knowledge of L1 contribute to the correct discrimination of non-native sounds? Proc. of the 18th ICPhS, Paper ID : ICPHS0368.
- Shinohara, S. (2015) Loanword-specific grammar in Japanese adaptations of Korean words and phrases, Journal of East Asian Linguistics 24:2, 149-191.
- Fujimoto, M. and S. Shinohara (2012) 南琉球竹富島の民話と唄 [Folk tales and songs of the Taketomi island of Southern Ryukyuan] (in Japanese), Sophia Linguistica 60, 49-61.
- Shinohara, S. and M. Fujimoto (2011) Moraicity of initial geminates in the Tedumuni dialect of Okinawa, Proc. of the 17th ICPhS, 1826-1829.
- Shinohara, S., S.-R Ji, T. Ooigawa, and T. Shinya (2011) The limited role of perception in Korean loanword adaptation : The Korean three-way laryngeal categorization of Japanese, French, English and Chinese plosives, Lingua, 121, 1461-1484.
- Ooigawa, T. and S. Shinohara (2009) Three-way laryngeal categorization of Japanese, French, English and Chinese plosives by Korean speakers, Proc. of Interspeech 2009, 1683-1686.
- Amino, K., Ji, S-R. and S. Shinohara (2007) Perception of Japanese plosives by Korean speakers, Proc. of the 16th ICPhS, 1789-1792.
- Shinohara, S. (2006) Perceptual effects in final cluster reduction patterns, Lingua 116, 1046-1078.
- Kondo, M. and S. Shinohara (2006) Phonological parsing of foreign sound sequences and the effect on speech rhythm. In Karnowski, Paweł & Szigeti, Imre (eds.), Language and Language Processing, 265-274, Peter Lang : Bern, Switzerland.
- Shinohara, S. (2004) Emergence of Universal Grammar in foreign word adaptation. In R.Kager, J. Pater and W. Zonneveld (eds.), Constraints in phonological typology and acquisition, 292-320, Cambridge: CUP.
- Kondo, M. and S. Shinohara (2003) Durational evidence of psychological reality of the mora in Japanese speakers’ French, Proc. of the 15th ICPhS, 463-466.
- Shinohara, S. (2002) Metrical Constraints and word identity in Japanese compound nouns, in (eds.) A. Csirmaz, Z. Li, A. Nevins, O. Vaysman and M. Wagner Phonological Answers (and their Corresponding Questions) MIT Working Papers in Linguistics #42 spring 2002, 311-328, Cambridge: MITWPL.
- Shinohara, S (2000) Default accentuation and foot structure in Japanese : Evidence from Japanese adaptations of French words, Journal of East Asian Linguistics vol. 9, 1, 55-96.
- Shinohara, S. (1996) The Roles of the syllable and the mora in the Japanese adaptations of French words, Cahiers de Linguistique Asie Orientale Vol.25, N°1, 87-112.