Responsable LPP : Lise Crevier Buchman
Integrated Project (IP) of the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme ’ICT for Access to Cultural Resources’
Partenaires du projet :
- CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS CERTH (Greece)
- UNIVERSITE PIERRE ET MARIE CURIE – PARIS 6 UPMC (France)
- CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE CNRS (France)
- UNIVERSITE DE MONS UMONS (Belgium)
- CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE CNR (Italy)
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON UCL (United Kingdom)
- TURK TELEKOMUNIKASYON AS TT (Turkey)
- University System of Maryland USM (United States)
- ARISTOTELIO PANEPISTIMIO THESSALONIKIS AUTH (Greece)
- ACAPELA GROUP BABEL TECHNOLOGIES SA ACAPELA (Belgium)
- UNIVERSITY OF MACEDONIA ECONOMICS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES UOM (Greece)
- ASSOCIATION POUR LA RECHERCHE ET LE DEVELOPPEMENT DES
- METHODES ET PROCESSUS INDUSTRIELS – ARMINES (France)
Cultural expression is not limited to architecture, monuments or collections of artifacts. It also includes fragile intangible live expressions, which involve knowledge and skills. Such expressions include music, dance, singing, theatre, human skills and craftsmanship. These manifestations of human intelligence and creativeness constitute our Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH). ICH is at the same time traditional, contemporary and living, because it does not only refer to inherited knowledge but also to the renewal of contemporary cultural expressions. It refers to the past, to the present, and, certainly to the future and is the mainspring of humanity’s cultural diversity.
The main objective of i-Treasures is to develop an open and extendable platform to provide access to ICH resources, enable knowledge exchange between researchers and contribute to the transmission of rare know-how from Living Human Treasures to apprentices. To this end, the project aims to go beyond the mere digitization of cultural content. Its main contribution is the creation of new knowledge by proposing novel methodologies and new technological paradigms for the analysis and modeling of ICH. One of the main objectives of the proposal is the development of an appropriate methodology based on multisensory technology for the creation of information (intangible treasures) that has never been analyzed or studied before.
Within the i-Treasures project, the usability of the platform will be demonstrated in four different case studies : a) Rare Traditional Songs, b) Rare Dance Interactions, c) Traditional Craftsmanship and d) Contemporary Music Composition.
Short presentation of Hyper Helmet devices realised during I-Treasures Project :
Voir en ligne : http://www.i-treasures.eu